Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for women to come and talk about anything from everyday life to ttc. where you will find great positive attitudes and support each other. make great friends in a lovely drama free environment.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning.
Using Geritol to Get Pregnant Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 7:25 pm by Guest

» My pick me up...
Using Geritol to Get Pregnant Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 10:27 am by Guest

» Jessy...Get well
Using Geritol to Get Pregnant Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2010, 2:22 am by Love & Faith

» My LO's tooth, update
Using Geritol to Get Pregnant Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2010, 10:54 pm by Guest

» wait.. wait.. wait.. wait
Using Geritol to Get Pregnant Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2010, 7:45 am by Guest

» Using Geritol to Get Pregnant
Using Geritol to Get Pregnant Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 3:30 am by Love & Faith

» I just called my dr....
Using Geritol to Get Pregnant Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 9:52 pm by Guest

» Create your tomorrow!
Using Geritol to Get Pregnant Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 8:31 pm by Love & Faith

» Chat night????
Using Geritol to Get Pregnant Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 7:40 pm by Guest

Top posters
Love & Faith
Using Geritol to Get Pregnant Vote_lcapUsing Geritol to Get Pregnant Voting_barUsing Geritol to Get Pregnant Vote_rcap 
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 61 on April 8th 2021, 10:05 pm
Forum

Share | 

Using Geritol to Get Pregnant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Love & Faith
Admin
Admin
Love & Faith

Using Geritol to Get Pregnant _
PostSubject: Using Geritol to Get Pregnant   Using Geritol to Get Pregnant Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 3:30 am

Geritol is a brand of complex multivitamin supplements which has added iron and is manufactured by Glaxo-Smith-Kline. The supplement is available in either liquid or tablet form, and has an iron content of between 9.5 mg and 16 mg in tablets and liquid has 18 mg. There have been many stories which highlight women using Geritol to get pregnant and people wonder if it is true or not.

The rumors about Geritol helping a woman trying to conceive a baby have been refuted by the manufacturer who states no such claim is valid. There is however, evidence from a medical study funded by Harvard University which states that iron supplementation does in fact increase a woman’s ability to become pregnant. Women that consume regular iron supplements have a lower risk of ovulation-related infertility than women who do not.

It is believed that iron supplements such as Geritol can help improve the quality of a female’s cervical mucus and increase the chances of pregnancy for women trying to conceive. While the question of Geritol and fertility are still in dispute, there is no scientific evidence to suggest it is unsafe. For women that have anemia and are trying to become pregnant, prenatal supplements can be highly beneficial.

Because pregnant women are slightly subjected to nutritional deficiencies, vitamin supplements can be a good addition to the daily diet. Most physicians recommend a good prenatal vitamin with added iron, along with a healthy and balanced diet is exactly what a woman needs the most during pregnancy. Geritol is a multivitamin which contains iron and can be used as part of supplementation in the diet of a pregnant woman to ensure nutritional requirements are being met on a daily basis.

While there is no evidence to suggest that using Geritol to get pregnant can improve the odds, there is nothing to the opposite which exists either. Many supplements have the potential for creating side effects, but Geritol may be better tolerated than other prenatal vitamins. A woman should never take any medications prior to discussing the risks and benefits with a physician, in order to have a healthy and complication-free pregnancy and childbirth experience.
Back to top Go down
http://ttcbabydreams.lovelyforum.net

Using Geritol to Get Pregnant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: TTC Articles & Information-