Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for women to come and talk about anything from everyday life to ttc. where you will find great positive attitudes and support each other. make great friends in a lovely drama free environment.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning.
My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 7:25 pm by Guest

» My pick me up...
My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 10:27 am by Guest

» Jessy...Get well
My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2010, 2:22 am by Love & Faith

» My LO's tooth, update
My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2010, 10:54 pm by Guest

» wait.. wait.. wait.. wait
My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2010, 7:45 am by Guest

» Using Geritol to Get Pregnant
My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 3:30 am by Love & Faith

» I just called my dr....
My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 9:52 pm by Guest

» Create your tomorrow!
My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 8:31 pm by Love & Faith

» Chat night????
My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 7:40 pm by Guest

Top posters
Love & Faith
My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Vote_lcapMy 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Voting_barMy 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Vote_rcap 
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 61 on April 8th 2021, 10:05 pm
Forum

Share | 

My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. _
PostSubject: My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning.   My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2010, 8:38 pm

Just wanted to ask everyone to say a prayer for my little one's cooperation and tolerance for yet another dental procedure tomorrow. His filling already fell out and I don't know what they will be doing. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning.   My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2010, 11:36 pm

Ofcourse sweetie. I will say a special prayer for ur tough little man, no worries all will go well . Please update us on how it went
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning.   My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 7:25 pm

Well Nikki, you were 100% correct. Thank you so much for your paryers. Jameson did so good it was unbelievable. Randy took him into the room, I was in the bathroom because I was so nervous. I got there in time though. He stood with him until they turned on his Bob the Builder movie we brought with us. Then as soon as it came on he was glued to it. We don't over do TV around here so it's a treat to watch a movie. Randy sat in the chair with Jameson on his lap and he instantly laid back on Randy and watched his movie. The dentist was just walking by and noticed him being so still and moved him ahead in his order.

I had made Jameson a little flip book with his dentist pictures from when all of the kids went to build him up. I think I posted those pictures. We put words to the pictures, it's titled Jameson Visits the Dentist and has little cute stickers added and such. Anyway he was glued to the book as soon as he saw it yesterday morning. We've also been practicing wearing the nose (mask) and we play with them and I ask him to wear it when I brush his teeth, these things likely contributed to how well he did, but mostly I think it was just watching his siblings get their teeth cleaned.

So when the dentist came in, I held the nose on him and he let me. The longer it was on, the more relaxed he got of course. At one point, he smiled and said 'Hi Mom', it was so cute. He stayed laying on his daddy and the dentist drilled and filled right that. He never flinched, cried, wimpered, fussed, nothing. At one point I thought he was about to cry but then I realized he was just saying aaaaahhhhh like we ask him to do. He was sooooo compliant and he never acted like anything hurt him. They didn't numb him at all, but used the topical gel only.

Last night, he didn't sleep at all last night but I don't know why. I wondered if he was getting sick or something. We also spent about 6 hours riding yesterdeay. Maybe he was just over done. He's fussy today too. I don't think his tooth is hurting, and I checked the filling and it's fine.

Oh, when they had him laid back, I was squatting holding the nose thing so that I was more out of the way but I could see the back of those top teeth well from there. I noticed two more little spots on the back of the same tooth but on the other side. I couldn't tell if it was tiny decay spots or a groove. I mentioned it and the dentist checked it while he was there. They were only grooves, thank God. He said that his tooth is 'defective'. When the teeth start growing, each one starts as a tiny little piece and they grow together kinda like a column. That's how you get the ridges on the bottoms of the teeth that first come in. His didn't grow together right for whatever reason. Some of the kids have big ridges in my opinion, so maybe it's just a hereditary trait. When he was super tiny, dealing with the anemia that was so out of hand, it causes them to not sleep and I would lay him down and he'd wake up in 5 or 10 minutes and I'd have to lay down and nurse him back to sleep. I always laid down on the same side so that I could get up and sneak away easier because it was constant. He never rested well, he was tired, and I was always trying to get him back to sleep. Anyway, those little grooves on that one bad tooth, it makes sense that there was constantly milk sitting on that tooth. Not that it matters, but I can see how it happened and understand it better now.

Anyway, he has a great fixed tooth, his mouth still smells like the dentist when I kiss him. Lets just pray it stays this time. Although, I 'm really glad to know that he has done better each time and will likely be able to tolerate more and more each time as long as it doesn't become painful.

Thanks again for the prayers, I'm so relieved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning.   My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Support and Spirituality! :: Prayer Request-