Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for women to come and talk about anything from everyday life to ttc. where you will find great positive attitudes and support each other. make great friends in a lovely drama free environment.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» My 2 yo is going back to the dentist tomorrow morning.
My LO's tooth, update Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 7:25 pm by Guest

» My pick me up...
My LO's tooth, update Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 10:27 am by Guest

» Jessy...Get well
My LO's tooth, update Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2010, 2:22 am by Love & Faith

» My LO's tooth, update
My LO's tooth, update Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2010, 10:54 pm by Guest

» wait.. wait.. wait.. wait
My LO's tooth, update Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2010, 7:45 am by Guest

» Using Geritol to Get Pregnant
My LO's tooth, update Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 3:30 am by Love & Faith

» I just called my dr....
My LO's tooth, update Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 9:52 pm by Guest

» Create your tomorrow!
My LO's tooth, update Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 8:31 pm by Love & Faith

» Chat night????
My LO's tooth, update Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 7:40 pm by Guest

Top posters
Love & Faith
My LO's tooth, update Vote_lcapMy LO's tooth, update Voting_barMy LO's tooth, update Vote_rcap 
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 61 on April 8th 2021, 10:05 pm
Forum

Share | 

My LO's tooth, update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

My LO's tooth, update _
PostSubject: My LO's tooth, update   My LO's tooth, update Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2010, 10:08 pm

I've been up since 4:20 am. I have a hard time sleeping when we need to go somewhere early in the morning. I don't want the alarm to go off or else the kids will wake up and it'll be harder for me to get ready to go. We had to leave at 6:30 this morning to take all of the kids to their dentist for their usual cleanings.

The kids did great, only one of the big kids needed a filling. The little ones did sooooo well. My almost 4 yo did bite wings, polishing, and flouride. My 2 yo, he made me cry he was soooo big. He watched his sister, and said "my turn". He confidently sat up there, and got his top teeth cleaned. He waited paitently in the chair while she cleaned up his sister's things. This took over 10 minutes, I'm very proud of him.

Here are their pics...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyway, upon his exam, his new filling is completely gone and we'll have to get it redone, pulled, or go ahead and have him put out for a cap. After seeing him today, I feel like his cooperation between 10 day ago and today has improved 90% or so. Judging by his pics, would you think he could get it repaired again? I think the dentist will think I'm crazy to even suggest it.

I don't know what to do. This tore me up, ruined my day, it sucked all of the energy right out of me. I couldn't even have fun the rest of the day because this feels like it's all up in the air again. I tried to call the pediadontist that did the repair to make some plans, but they are closed on Friday. I have to call back on Monday.

Any thought or ideas are appreciated. Prayers are always appreciated. I want to make the very best decision for him and I don't think that cosmetics are important to him or will matter since it's a baby tooth.

Thanks so much, Treva
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My LO's tooth, update _
PostSubject: Re: My LO's tooth, update   My LO's tooth, update Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2010, 10:29 pm

Treva-
Oh my goodness, first of all your kids are sooooo adorable!!!!

If you think that now that he has had the dental experience and he would cooperate, I would definitely try to get it redone. Would they really pull it this young? Which tooth is it?
My daughter had what they call a baby root canal at 6 years old because our dentist refused to pull it (was a baby tooth) he said she wouldn't get that particular tooth in until she was around 10 and that was too long to have it out as her teeth would shift.
I would either opt to redo, or use a light sedation and get the cap.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

My LO's tooth, update _
PostSubject: Re: My LO's tooth, update   My LO's tooth, update Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2010, 10:54 pm

Thanks Corey, I think they are adorable too and this is totally breaking my heart. I found this diagram...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So, it's the left lateral incisor. It's a tiny tooth, it's in front, and the cavity is on the back where you can't see it but in two months it grew from very tiny little dot to covering almost the entire back surface of the tooth and began chipping on the bottom. Our regular dentist today said he'd never seen anything like it, it's odd that it's one tooth, and that it must have had defective enamel when it erupted.

I don't want to make him keep going through scary experiences. They said it's almost to a point of needing a baby root canal as it is. If we keep getting it redone, I'm worried he'll be terrified of going to the dentist. All of my kids have lost this tooth at 6 years. UGH, I don't know what to do. Sometimes it seems like just pulling it would be easiest on him and he'll have plenty of time to let go of that experience before he needs other work done. I need to think hard, pray hard, and chill out until I can talk to the pediadontist on Monday.

I'm not sure that the valium they gave him last time didn't hinder his cooperation. He seemed to understand today what he needed to do. I also think that the weight of the nitrous tubes bothered him. I'm going to look for some so we can practice more realistically.

Hey, I'm in the process of switching the old/new computer so I'll be on and off line. Dreading losing all my saved settings, files, data, programs, ect. I saved a lot on my external HD, but I don't know how to do all of it.

Thanks, Treva
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My LO's tooth, update _
PostSubject: Re: My LO's tooth, update   My LO's tooth, update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My LO's tooth, update

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Chit Chat Lounge! :: Everyday Life!-